Friday, July 6, 2012

God Bless America ✞✞✞

July 4th is one of my favorite holidays. I love the patriotic outfits, barbecues, warm weather, fireworks, sparklers, starry nights, long exposure photos, rodeos, and overall celebrations. I feel like everyone is happy on the 4th of July. :)

For this year's 4th of July outfit, I cut up an old XX-Large Disneyland t-shirt from the 90s. I cut off the sleeves and about six or seven inches from the bottom. I stretched out the bottom so that the edges would roll up a little. Pretty satisfied with how it turned out! I then paired that with my faded cyan frayed shorts and black cross earrings, complete with a messy bun on top of my head. We even dressed up my dog Junior with an American flag bandana. :)




We definitely had quite the feast this year! My sister and I tossed together some raspberries and blueberries to make a patriotic berry salad. Meanwhile, my dad barbecued bacon shrimp wraps, chicken, sausage, and delicious garlic bread.






This was my first 4th of July without sparklers or fireworks. Didn't have any money on me at all, but I guess that just means I saved a few bucks! We stayed in most of the night and listened to the crackles and pops down the street. With the streetlights turned off for the night, the stars shone brighter than ever in the night sky. Loved it. :) Hope everyone had a spectacular 4th of July!


What's your favorite part about 4th of July? Do you have any interesting family traditions?
Xx Kristin

No comments :

Post a Comment