Thursday, August 16, 2012

GOOD Finds

At the beginning of the month, I ventured out to Sacramento for the GOOD: Street Food + Design Market. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I ended up absolutely loving it. If you're a sucker for vintage clothes, food trucks, stylish typography, and innovative artwork, this is the place to be. It was wildly inspiring to an art enthusiast like myself. I wound up with a banana split popsicle, a vintage 1971 Led Zeppelin crop top, a handful of pin-back buttons, and a mind filled with endless creative ideas. :)




Also, I seem to be especially fortunate this week, at least when it comes to thrift stores. There's nothing quite like the satisfaction of finding something you've been looking for...at a thrift store; there really are some true treasures in there. Thrift stores seem to be the place where you find the random things you've always wanted but didn't necessarily know you wanted, if that makes sense. After leafing through a great deal of used clothing and musty antiques, I ended up with a pair of worn-out brown combat boots, an adorable seafoam green tin pail, an old Beatles album on vinyl, and last but certainly not least...a record player. If you didn't already know, I have been searching for a moderately priced functioning record player for years now. And now I am the proud owner of an Ion Profile LP USB Turntable, which also converts records to MP3s. What a gem. One of the best purchases I've ever made. Ever. The second I got home, I whipped out my Abbey Road album, listened as the needle gently grazed the record, and soaked it all in. Sensational, really.




Do you listen to music on vinyl? Why or why not?
xx Kristin

No comments :

Post a Comment